Thinking of joining?
It’s a great way to get involved in some of the most adrenaline filled sports on the planet.
Who wouldn’t want to be out on Cardiff Bay in a speed boat enjoying the summer weather?
Our club has the exclusive rights to ski and board on the Bay, in zone nine adjacent to the new Ice arena. As a member you will be able to ride with us up to four times a week, weather permitting.
And there are lots of other reasons to join as well.
You will be able to learn new skills with the help of our coaches.
- Training from learning to board, through to a deep water start on mono ski.
- Cutting Edge – Youth award scheme.
- On The Edge – Adult award scheme.
- Training and testing for the BWSF Ski Boat Driver qualification.
Membership of the BWSF is included.
- You will be automatically covered by their personal accident insurance.
- You will receive their magazine 4 times a year.
- You will be able to claim a discount at many wake park shops and several online retailers.
- There is also money off AA Breakdown Cover, AVIVA Health Cover, APH Airport Parking and holidays from Mark Warner and Neilson.
- Nearer to home there are discounts at THORPE PARK, Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries and many more!
- If you own your own boat there are special insurance rates through GJW Direct.
In the summer we occasionally venture beyond Cardiff Bay, perhaps for a Penarth beach night, a day out on the river Wye or a weekend at Llangorse Lake.
You may even find yourself enjoying the Penarth Festival water ski show from a whole new viewpoint!
There are sometimes social events away from the water. Maybe a drink or a curry after a boat night, or evenings out for ten pin bowling, go-karting or our Christmas meal.
Still not sure?
If you want to try water-skiing or wake-boarding before joining, why not get in touch and come along for a “taster” session.
You can download the form below.
Ready to join?
You can download the latest membership form here.
Forms need to be completed and returned to our membership secretary (the address is at the bottom of the form).
If you have any questions just email us.
Own a boat?
If you have a boat or jetski, you will also need to complete the craft registration form above.
(If not, don’t worry. We have a club boat and jetski as well).
All memberships that include Craft Registration will entitle you to a Penarth Beach slipway key. If you have registered a craft but have not received your key please contact Simon Divall. Keys will be changed annually and re-issued each year with the latest craft registration.