Thinking of joining?
It’s a great way to get involved in some of the most adrenaline filled sports on the planet.
Who wouldn’t want to be out on Cardiff Bay in a speed boat enjoying the summer weather?
Our club has the exclusive rights to ski and board on the Bay, in zone nine adjacent to the new Ice Arena. As a member you will be able to ride with us several times a week, weather permitting.
And there are lots of other reasons to join as well.
You will be able to learn new skills with the help of our coaches.
- Training from learning to board, through to a deep water start on mono ski.
- Training and testing for the BWSW SBD2 ski boat driver qualification.
Membership of BWSW is included.
That’s a saving of over £75 pounds for adults and £20 for juniors, compared to the cost of joining BWSW as a direct member.
- You will be automatically covered by BWSW personal accident insurance.
- You will receive the BWSW magazine, published four times a year.
- You will be able to claim a discount at many wake park shops and several online retailers.
- There is also money off AA Breakdown Cover, AVIVA Health Cover, APH Airport Parking and holidays from Mark Warner and Neilson.
- Nearer to home there are discounts at THORPE PARK, Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries and many more!
- If you own your own boat there are special insurance rates through GJW Direct.
In the summer we occasionally venture beyond Cardiff Bay, perhaps for a Penarth beach night, a day out on the river Wye or a weekend at Llangorse Lake.
You may even find yourself enjoying the Penarth Festival water ski show from a whole new viewpoint!
There are sometimes social events away from the water. Maybe a drink or a curry after a boat night, or evenings out for ten pin bowling, go-karting or our Christmas meal.
Ready to join?
If you have any questions just email us.
Own a boat?
If you have a boat or jetski, you will also need to complete the craft registration form.
(If not, don’t worry. We have a club boat and jetski as well).
All memberships that include Craft Registration will entitle you to a Penarth Beach slipway key. If you have registered a craft but have not received your key please email us. Keys will be changed annually and re-issued each year with the latest craft registration.